Who are we?
Boclips is the small but mighty educational technology start up that’s evolving the way video is used in classrooms across the US, Middle East and Asia. We have the world’s largest collection of educationally relevant short-form videos from partners including Ted Talks, Youtube, PBS, Minute Earth, The Smithsonian and The Wall St Journal. With video clips curated to academic standards, the boclips video platform allows teachers and publishers to easily find and use engaging content that brings lessons to life - in a safe ad-free platform.
You will be working in a small and fun team. Most of the time you will pair-program, solving problems together and learning from each other. This is why we value communication and interpersonal skills a lot. Apart from that, we are very keen advocates of clean and well-tested code and we follow practices such as: TDD, CI/CD and all the other practices that make software engineering efficient and fun. As a team, we are also super keen on learning new things and constantly improving our engineering processes. Most importantly, you will be a key part of shaping the engineering culture of Boclips.
You don’t need to know our stack (Java, Kotlin, Spring, React, Kubernetes). We care more about who you are and your potential than the skills you have today. This means we will ramp you up on anything needed to succeed. Prepare to learn fast, though.
What about you?
- You care about people and problems
- You are open towards technologies and processes
- You are kind towards others, even when you disagree
- You are an excellent communicator and collaborator
- You believe in tests, robust code and automation
- You are a keen learner, interested in finding the best way to solve a problem
- You are not afraid of making mistakes
Why join the Boclips Engineering team?
- You will be joining an exciting start-up that is going through a growth phase.
- You are joining a team where there is no ego and no rank. The best idea wins - no matter where it comes from.
- An amazing learning environment where you’ll be encouraged to make mistakes and learn quickly.
Would you like to know a bit more about what it’s like to be part of the boclips engineering team? Here’s what our engineering intern had to say about her time spent with us. Thea, over to you.
- Good base salary
- Bonus scheme
- Company options
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday
- Mentorship from an experienced team
- Personal Learning budget £1500 per year
- Team lunch on Fridays!